Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Holy Crap! Did that just happen????????

BEEP BEEEP BEEP ...... News Flash ..................

I am not in teaching shape!! The kids left @ 3:30 and I have been sitting at my desk for the last 20 minutes thinking my feet hurt, my voice is tired, my pits stink, and do I have the energy to drive home? I bet I spent 3000 calories today. I ran around class, I was energetic, I was upbeat, I showed the kids my passion to teach and my passion for math.

Today's objective was to take a small risk today, whether that be talking to someone new or including a different soul into your group. When I asked my advanced 8th grade kids to do this one bright little guy said you first! So I busted out a version of Rhianna's song "Umbrella" only the lyrics had to do with the Order of Operations.

I took a huge risk and at the end of the day, four other teachers had said that was the highlight of the student's day! I thought to myself a small risk and a few moments of not being comfortable is worth the relationship that is being built!

Now I cannot take credit for the song that belongs to Ron Clark. Check it out! Keep in mind that I am a better dancer!! My wife can vouch for that!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah. For sure you rock the dance floor... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've LOVED to have been a fly on the wall in your classroom! :)

    ReplyDelete