Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Staying Alive"

What a classic saying in Middle School. How can I stay alive this period, today, this week, this trimester, or this year? When is Christmas break????? I have asked myself these questions so many times. Today staying alive meant comparing fractions. By using the Bee Gees song and dancing with gestures that mimicked cross multiplication, my students boogied all day long! It was the John Travolta signature move that helped the kids understand that comparing 2 fractions can be done by finding the common denominator! It was awesome, I even had a dance off with some of the students. The confident students were engaged and the shy students were also engaged after they saw that Mr. D was dancing. Any student can quickly see that being better at dancing than Mr. D is really easy! Enjoy the music!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I'm embarrassed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I simply just say what a relief to find someone that really knows what they're talking about on the net. You actually realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people should read this and understand this side of your story. I can't
    believe you're not more popular because you definitely possess the gift.

    My site ... helpful resources

    ReplyDelete