Friday, October 14, 2011

Yes! I am alive!

Sorry about the lack of posts lately. Between not feeling the best and trying to catch up from being gone for 2 days last week the blog has not been to much of a priority. With that said it is Friday and thank goodness, hopefully a trip to the pumpkin patch with not 1, not 2, not 3, but 7 wonderful, energetic kids will kick this cold I have.

Now on to the Math. It is hard to find a math book that is not boring. When I was younger I remember the math books showing a few examples and then pages of problems. It was up to the teacher to show us the way, but all they did was redo the examples and assigned 1-40 and made them due the next day. The process would then repeat itself for 180 days.

The text books of today are a little better but not much! So I am always on the look out for quality books about Math. I found 3 excellent ones. They were written by an actress from the sitcom The Wonder Years! Winnie Cooper, oh how I wished that I was Kevin Arnold and she was by girlfriend. Yes I had a huge crush on Winnie!


 It turns out that she went to college and majored in MATH. Her books are great! She relates all the math to things that are more relavent to ladies, however I have found that the boys in 7th and 8th grade also relate well. I seriously use theses as a text book!

I hear she is writing a new book and can't wait! Check it out!


http://www.mathdoesntsuck.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment