Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pigeons Love Math!


Pigeons love math!!! No I am not going nuts, the picture above proves it. Today during 4th period this pigeon, who from this point on, is Alfred landed on my window sill. The window was open and the screen was the only thing that was preventing Alfred from pulling up a desk and finding the LCM, GCF, and Prime factorization of numbers. Alfred is not scared of math or humans, cause as I approached the window in full mathematics talk he just cocked his head from side to side, up and down. I had his full attention and he was totally understanding the math concepts leaking from my mouth. Alfred stayed on the window sill the rest of the day. In fact he just flew off about 20 minutes ago.

Here is the great thing...........Middle school kids have a hard time keeping things a secret. Remember my post about the hallways? The students talk in a voice level that my grandma could hear, and they don't really pay attention to who is standing by. Plus I do have pretty good hearing even though my wife would disagree, especially on Sundays!
The kids are always in amazement when I know the latest gossip. Who is dating who, who likes who, or what happened over the weekend. I always tell the kids that a little bird tells me so be careful. It drives them nuts, but now that I have Alfred......I have proof.

Maybe if Alfred returns tomorrow we will sing him a song. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Hey D,

    A birdie with an orange and blue bill,
    Hopped upon D's window sill.
    Turned his shiny head and said,
    with 'D' no longer do math I dread.
    I fly to his class each day,
    To learn, laugh, and play.

    LS

    ReplyDelete