Thursday, September 8, 2011

Smells Like Strawberries

The hallways of a middle school can be a great place to obtain insight into the lives of these fantasizing creatures called adolescents, aka students with attitudes. The 3 minute passing time between classes, and lunch recess provide some much needed humor throughout the day. Everything from the latest crushes, to what are the plans for the weekend are being discussed. Not being discussed like adults, but being discussed like creatures high on a hormone injection!

I have the luxury of having a classroom right next to the girls bathroom. I hear a lot of giggling, cans of hair spray being dispersed, and of course the smell of perfume in the air. It is amazing to watch the transformation that can happen in between classes. With all that being said, today I had impeccable timing. As I was leaving to head to lunch, I walked out into the hallway at the exact time two 8th grade girls were leaving the bathroom. One girl said to the other "That smells like strawberries". I couldn't resists and pointed out that, that was not the best sentence to be spoken given the location. The girls' face turned as red as a strawberry, and yelled "oh gross Mr. D"' then giggled their way to lunch.
Now I dont know another profession where I can make comments that only middle school students understand. The more gross the better. I believe the saying is if you can beat them join them. Gotta love middle school.



2 comments:

  1. But armpit farts are still funny at any age! Still anyomously...Geralyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great. Best thing I have heard all day! LOL

    ReplyDelete