Friday, September 2, 2011

TGIF.......TGIF.......TGIF........TGIF.......TGIF.......TGIF......

Friday! So glad to have survived the first 3 days of school. I can't say I have made it a full week yet, but it has been a great first few days. All of my energy has not gone into teaching math concepts, or assigning homework. It has all been about building the relationships and making deposits into my students lives. CHA CHING!!!!!! If I make enough deposits I will be able to make withdraws from them at the most important times! Teaching in a small school I have the advantage to teaching other staff members children. At first this scared the CRAP out of me.....but it is so rewarding when the staff members let you know how excited and pump up about math their kids are! Puts a smile on my face and makes me puff out my chest a little!

I will continue to build this relationships with my students because that is where a good education starts. Just call me Mr. D the Builder!

PS I may need a theme song!

3 comments:

  1. Just a check to see if the comments are fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! You are the BEST teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey builder, great job this week. You are a role model to teachers as well as students.

    ReplyDelete